Wednesday, February 17, 2016

All Tied UP!

Well, it has been a long time since I posted on here. My apologies. It seems that something is always happening around here.

I have not stopped tatting though, and I have not stopped tatting in public. I spent last April 1st making small butterflies in a pub and giving them away to patrons and staff.

I have made items for a friend to wear to a steampunk convention.

I have made a few things as gifts for family and friends.





I have made items for sale at Interwoven Expressions, a market that I do in Indiana every November. The keychains are by Morimoto.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My resolution this year is to make at least one item every week. Tatting relaxes me, keeps me occupied, and by choosing small items, I can accomplish my goal without stress.

A slew of earrings is growing in my workbox.

This focus has helped me recently. You see, we are putting a lot of things in storage right now. I have boxed up and stored ninety percent of my tatting supplies. It wasn't easy to do, but I pulled out only the thread I plan on using for the next few months. It has been good in that I don't have other thread sitting in a bin calling to me to tat it; less distraction.

The earrings so far have been made from Lizbeth size 20 in various colors. The patterns are by Leila and Morimoto. I only have the Leila ones finished right now, the Morimoto are waiting on hardware.




I was also fortunate enough to have some of my tatting integrated into a quilt. As I have mentioned before, I am a member of the Nimble Thimbles at eh Irish-American Heritage Center in Chicago. During an art quilt challenge, I offered some pieces to embellish a morning glory themed quilt. I tatted caterpillars and green tendrils for the piece.



 





I was so happy to finally get my tatting on a quilt!!!!!

I'm sure much more happened in the intervening time, but I cannot summon it from the depths of the cavern in my head. Ah well...

I admit I did take a break from tatting to work on costumes for a convention. We went as the characters from Inside Out; I made the dresses and stenciled the sweater. It was quite a bit of work, but well worth it.


 Okay, that brings us up to speed. With any luck, I'll be posting again the next few years!

Tat tat for now!







2 comments:

  1. You sure have been busy!! :)
    Nice to see you on the blog again!!
    And all your tatted pieces look great!! :)
    Neat that you got your tatting on a quilt!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, you have kept busy! What's nice about tatting is how a few balls of thread (or 10 or 29) can keep you busy for months and still not take up a lot of room. The tatting on the quilt adds a bit of dimension, looks great. Great job on the costumes!

    ReplyDelete