Friday, May 24, 2013

Moving on...

I have given up on the bonnet that I had started. I have come to a point where I need to be sitting with someone more skilled than I am to figure out the pattern and how to tat it. So, I am going to switch to another pattern and work on that. I am also thinking about tatting up a couple of butterflies for my daughter's kindergarten class. They are currently raising butterflies and I want to give them little lace ones to mark the release date. I have some Lizbeth 20 Jelly Bean that should do nicely. I'll most likely post after the weekend if there's anything to show for it.

OH, I started using a bobbin shuttle last week; thank you, Sue Ann. I have been a clover girl up until now. It is taking some getting used to, and I am usually change-resistant, but I am making progress. I was using it for the bonnet but will cut and run to something else.  Maybe some flowers, thanks Lelia, to put in my little girls hair. Oooh, flowers and a butterfly for her hair!!!!  So excited.

A huge thank you to those who have come to read this blog and comment. While my sister, a writer, has blogged off and on for years, it is my first foray. Thank you all for your support.

Must go, much to do before I tat.

Happy weekend to all!

7 comments:

  1. Happy to have met you at YOUR first 'Tollway Tatters' get together. Now I know you have thread in another color, so I'll be waiting to see something done in that color to...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should see something after this weekend. I'll have lots of free time to tat as I please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. butterflies and flowers for her hair. Perfect. and making little butterflies for the class is a very nice gesture. Will be watching for the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butterflies are a great idea! They're quick, easy, and pretty. Maybe we can work on your bonnet at the next Tollway Tatters meeting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was hoping to do. I'll try the other bonnet in the meantime.

      Delete
  5. I laughed when I saw your first paragraph of your profile. I think we are sisters under the skin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, the students will adore the butterfly motifs --- and we all enjoy flowers in our hair!!!!

    Tat well today ; )

    ReplyDelete