Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Oops Turned into Ooooh!

I was happily tatting away at my local while nursing a glass of strawberry lambic and finished this:


Kersti's Stumpy bookmark (sans tail) in Southmaid, a variegated pink, size 10.

I loaded my shuttles with Aunt Lydia's size 10 in white and was a quarter of the way through another when I realized I had added a picot that shouldn't have been. Since I didn't want to untat and it was my second project of the night, I decided to hang it up, enjoy my drink and a snack and go home.

I worked on it again today and decided to make the same mistake throughout for uniformity. As I got around the other side of the piece, I realized that I had also added an extra 5 ds to the ring with the extra picot. Now that throws the whole thing off! I thought I might cut and run, but I didn't like leaving a piece that was so close to done.

Time to get creative... I started tatting chains and joining stuff and put in a small ring and came up with something else.

It's working title is Dadratted Heart (or Criminy!).







6 comments:

  1. What a great way to turn tragedy into triumph! I probably would have snipped and trashed. Your solution is much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I put a jumpring on it et voila, it is a pendant.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful way to change things. A new pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I completely planned it that way, absolutely. No mistakes here, nope, never. ;-)

      Delete