Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Nimble thimble, nimble shuttle?

As I may have mentioned before, I met with the Nimble Thimble quilting group near my home. They are a sweet bunch who are very interested in my tatting. I am working on some designs for them that I hope to have ready to make soon. In the meantime, however, one of the ladies brought in a few balls of size 10 crochet thread for me to use. I am so excited. I have promised to use the thread only for the work I do there (as I have promised the school thread for use for their projects), and keep it there; as a result, I have no picture at this time. Oh wait, I do.


At my last visit, one of the women brought in a shuttle and some thin gold thread. I agreed to TRY to teach her to tat but said that we wouldn't be using the gold thread anytime soon. She laughed and said it was for me to use for anything else if I wanted. Whew, I could just imagine the frustration of trying to learn on size 70(?) shimmery gold thread...



Either way, I am officially a member of the group now and hope to have something to show for it soon. Maybe tomorrow will be the day I figure it out. Who knows???

4 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful that you've found a quilting group to work with! I'm looking forward to retirement so that I can join some of the groups I'm interested in. Most of them meet on weekdays when I'm in school. That pretty gold thread could be used in combination with a thicker thread. I bet it would really shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty happy about it too. They practice a variety of different thread crafts, needlework, quilting, embroidery, knitting, and crochet. Some of them know other tatters but I am the only one in the group. It's pretty fun and they are always interested in seeing a current WIP.
      I working up my confidence regarding the gold thread. I may incorporate it into a design I am working on right now for them. We'll see...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are doing great!! It's great that you are going to teach another person to tat too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying myself there. They are a fun group. I hope to try to teach them when they have time. They are very busy with their raffle quilt so it makes it a bit difficult to find time for them to tat. Sometimes, they just sit and watch me tat during their downtime, clucking and shaking their heads.

      Delete